Governing Body Vacancies
Orchard Community Primary School currently has vacancies for:
One Parent Governor
Two Co-opted Governors
If you feel you would be interested in becoming a governor at Orchard Community Primary School, please contact Mrs Rachel Daft (Clerk) via the school office who would be happy to pass on further details.
Parent governors are elected to post by the parent community. Information has been emailed out to all parents at the school and is also available by clicking on the links below.
Co-opted governors are appointed by the governing body. In particular, the governing body is looking for people with professional experience of Business, Finance, HR Management, Education and Law.
We are also looking for anyone who has
- An interest in the performance of the school.
- A desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- An open and enquiring mind.
- The ability to look at issues objectively.
- The confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Time to spare and commitment to the role about 2 hours a month.
Co-opted governors do not have to be parents at the school and we welcome interest from members of the local and wider community.