Class 5 - Y3/4
Welcome to Class 5! We are a mixed Year 3&4 class, taught by Mrs Godsell and Mrs Douglas, ably supported by Mrs Lane, Mrs Cooper, Mrs Westfield and Mrs Stevenson!
It is important to us that your children enjoy coming to school and are motivated to take responsibility for their own learning. We want to help them do this by having a classroom environment which encourages everyone to:
- Be actively engaged and committed to their learning
- Achieve the best that they can both in and out of school
- Be successful, confident and self-motivated
- Have respect for everyone around them and to value difference
- Be open to new ideas and be willing to take risks
- Participate fully in the many opportunities available to them
This year the staff in Class 5 aim to inspire your children by embracing the ‘Creative Curriculum’ which uses creative, cross-curricular themes to enhance learning, all within one common theme for a term or half a term. We will be trying new ideas and using exciting and creative hooks to deliver broader and more varied lessons so that your children are motivated to achieve their best and to fully participate in their learning.
Class 5 are a very enthusiastic and sporty class and we are also looking forward to extending our learning outside of the classroom environment wherever possible in order to stay active, have fun and enjoy school!
What are Class 5 learning about this year?