Equality Information and Objectives
Public Sector Equality Duty
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
We have three key areas that encompass our vision and steer our moral compass for the next generation we support:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 201
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
- All learners are of equal value.
- We recognise and respect difference.
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
- We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
- We have the highest expectations of all our children.
For more information, please click on the links below to view our policies:
For information on the 'Public Sector Equality Duty', please click on the link below: