Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Welcome to EYFS
Children in our Reception class follow the Foundation Stage curriculum. This curriculum is the fore-runner to the National Curriculum and involves young children experimenting, investigating, and making sense of the world around them through play.
Exciting first hand experiences, both self-initiated and adult-led, enable the children to develop knowledge, understanding and key skills in all areas of learning which provide a sound basis for later education.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (Making Relationships; Self-confidence and self-awareness; Managing Feelings and Behaviour)
- Communication and Language (Listening and Attention; Understanding; Speaking)
- Physical Development (Moving and Handling; Health and Self-Care)
- Literacy (Reading, Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shape, Space and Measures)
- Understanding the World (People and Communities, The World, Technology)
- Expressive Arts and Design (Exploring and Using Media and Materials; Being Imaginative).
The morning sessions include many Literacy and Numeracy activities which are very practical based with a good variety of additional choice activities including role play, outdoor play, construction, sand, water and play dough.
All children participate in a ‘Letters and Sounds’ phonic session daily from Monday to Friday for 25 minutes. The afternoon sessions are more fluid and children can access activities in both classrooms and the outdoor area.
Throughout the year an on-going profile of each child’s achievements will be kept based on regular observations. This will form the basis of the end of year Foundation Stage Profile, which is shared with you through Parents’ Evening and End of Year Report.
What Are Class 4+ Learning About This Year?
|Autumn||FS Overview Autumn 2018.pdf|
|Spring||FS Overview Spring 2019.pdf|
|Summer||FS Overview Summer 2019.pdf|
Termly Topic Maps
Medium Term Planning
|Autumn||FS (MTP) Autumn Coverage.pdf|
|Spring||FS (MTP) Spring Coverage.pdf|
|Summer||FS (MTP) Summer Coverage.pdf|