School dinners at Orchard Community Primary School are prepared and cooked on-site by our School Food Support Kitchen Team.
A variety of meals are offered on a three week rolling programme. Menus are seasonal and use fresh produce where possible. Please click here to access the current school menu.
A copy of the new menu available from 4th June 2018 can be found here.
The school is able to cater for a variety of dietary requirements. If your child has a food allergy or intollerance, cannot eat a food for religious or cultural reasons, please speak with the school office.
If you believe your child is eligable for Free School Meals, please complete an application form by clicking here, alternatively, you can contact Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 7093. For further information about Free School Meals, please contact the school office. Eligablility for a Free School Meal provides your child with much more than a hot dinner every day, it also gives the school access to important funding which can be used to support their education.
If your child is under 19 and in full-time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them if you get one of these benefits:
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you’re an asylum seeker
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Children who receive Income Support (IS) or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right can also get free school meals.