Cycling Policy (2021)
Orchard Primary School recognises the many positive benefits of pupils cycling to and from school:
- Improving health through physical activity.
- Establishing positive active travel behaviours.
- Promoting independence and improving safety awareness.
- Reducing congestion, noise and pollution in the community.
- Reducing the environmental impact of the journey to schoo1.
We, therefore, look to encourage this form of travel behaviour in as many ways as possible and hope to support parents who wish their children to cycle to school.
As part of this ongoing commitment, we have produced a ‘Cycle to School’ contract. So that permission to cycle to school can be given, pupils and parents/carers must read, understand and agree to the following.