We consider it important that children attending Orchard Community Primary School come to school in an appropriate form of dress, which will not only be functional but will help them to adopt a responsible attitude to the school and the task of learning. The standard uniform is as follows:
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with or without the school logo
- White or royal blue polo shirt with or without the school logo
- Optional fleece jacket
- Grey skirt/pinafore dress/culottes/trousers
- Sensible dark shoes which may be buckled, laced or slip-on – no trainers please
- Plain white/grey/black socks or black/grey tights if desired
- Blue checked dress, grey tailored shorts and/or sandals (optional for the Summer Term)
Uniform embellished with the school’s logo, can be purchased from the following suppliers (Please contact individual suppliers for a price list):
Pennline (Diseworth): www.pennline.co.uk/company/school-uniform-supplier-in-east-midlands
Castle Printwear (Castle Donington): www.castleprintwear.co.uk/products/.../orchard-school
We have adopted a new PE uniform for pupils to ensure that we have a cost-effective, smart and practical PE kit that, for all classes (except EYFS) can be worn to school on pupils’ timetabled PE days.
- A navy sports sweatshirt with the school logo
- Navy jogging bottoms (no leggings please)
- A plain white t-shirt with a round neck
- Navy shorts (cycling shorts or football shorts, both just above the knee - no tiny gymnastics shorts please)
- ‘Lightweight’ Trainers (these need to be suitable for outdoor physical activity. Black plimsolls will no longer be suitable as these are not waterproof or as practical to walk to school in/wear all day)
All pupils in Years 3-6 will need to keep a second pair of ‘outdoor trainers’ in school, in a drawstring bag, which they can change into to play on the field at break and lunchtime. Pupils can also then wear these trainers for PE to prevent their other PE shoes becoming damp or muddy during the wetter months.
Whilst most items can be purchased from supermarkets, Next, M & S etc. uniform with branded logos can be ordered from: www.castleprintwear.co.uk/products/school-shops/orchard-school
Book Bags - Essential in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
Jewellery & Make Up - If your child has pierced ears, only the small stud type may be worn.
Earrings should be removed for all physical activities. Those unable to do so can cover the earing both front and back using tape provided by parents. (Please note, if earrings cannot be removed, children cannot take part in swimming). If you wish your child to have their ear/s pierced, we recommend that it is done at the start of the long summer break in order that they have time to heal and your child can remove their earrings on their own. Once removed, the items remain the responsibility of the child.
Other forms of jewellery - bracelets, necklaces, etc. must not be worn or brought to school. A watch may be worn but the school will not be responsible for its loss.
Make-up is not permitted.
Mobile Phones - Children are not permitted a mobile phone in class. If a parent requests that their child should carry a mobile phone to / from school then during the school day it must be handed into the office.
Lost Property - All items that are brought into are school should be clearly labelled. Un-named lost property will be kept in a storage container in school. Items not claimed by the end of each half-term will be donated to charity. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal possessions. It is therefore best if children do not bring valuables or precious possessions to school.