We consider it important that children attending Orchard Community Primary School come to school in an appropriate form of dress, which will not only be functional but will help them to adopt a responsible attitude to the school and the task of learning. The standard uniform is as follows:
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with or without the school logo
- White or royal blue polo shirt with or without the school logo
- Optional fleece jacket
- Grey skirt/pinafore dress/culottes/trousers
- Sensible dark shoes which may be buckled, laced or slip-on – no trainers please
- Plain white/grey/black socks or black/grey tights if desired
- Blue checked dress, grey tailored shorts and/or sandals (optional for the Summer Term)
Uniform embellished with the school’s logo, can be purchased from Tesco (Click link below), Pennline (Diseworth) or Castle Printwear (Castle Donington). Please contact individual suppliers for a price list.
The school expects children to come to school with a suitable PE kit.
- A pair of plain blue or black shorts
- Plain white t-shirt/polo shirt
- Black plimsolls (indoor PE) and trainers (for outdoor PE only)
- Blue or black tracksuit/jogging bottoms and tracksuit top/sports jacket – no designer sportswear please
- PE bag – drawstring bags only please. No rucksacks as space is in short supply. All articles of clothing should be clearly named.
- Swimming kit should consist of a swimming cap, towel, one-piece swimsuit for girls or trunks for boys
Book Bags - Essential in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
Jewellery & Make Up - If your child has pierced ears, only the small stud type may be worn.
Earrings should be removed for all physical activities. Those unable to do so can cover the earing both front and back using tape provided by parents. (Please note, if earrings cannot be removed, children cannot take part in swimming). If you wish your child to have their ear/s pierced, we recommend that it is done at the start of the long summer break in order that they have time to heal and your child can remove their earrings on their own. Once removed, the items remain the responsibility of the child.
Other forms of jewellery - bracelets, necklaces, etc. must not be worn or brought to school. A watch may be worn but the school will not be responsible for its loss.
Make-up is not permitted.
Mobile Phones - Children are not permitted a mobile phone in class. If a parent requests that their child should carry a mobile phone to / from school then during the school day it must be handed into the office.
Lost Property - All items that are brought into are school should be clearly labelled. Un-named lost property will be kept in a storage container in school. Items not claimed by the end of each half-term will be donated to charity. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal possessions. It is therefore best if children do not bring valuables or precious possessions to school.